Saturday, July 29, 2006

Day 25: Ninjas or Pirates?

Note: I had to publish this today, even though I'm writing about Friday (yesterday).

Ninjas or Pirates? That's been the question plaguing us all day. I say Pirates, but Brad says Ninjas. It's a simple question at first, but upon further investigation, reveals a deeper and more meaningful dilemma. Which ones are more dominate? Sure Ninjas can throw stars and stealthily assassinate anybody they really want, but Pirates have their own ships and engage in swashbuckling adventures. Sure Pirates have treasure and eye-patches, but Ninjas can get super pissed and supposedly they're pretty good at wailing on guitars (thanks to www.realultimatepower.net). There are a plethora of arguments, and I swear we've heard them all day. Brad and I asked just about everyone at Brycon during work today. We're not quite sure if this question will ever be answered...

I actually didn't work all day. I had a doctor appointment this morning at 8:30 to see if my constant stomach aches were caused by an ulcer. Turns out they are, lucky for me... Anyway, I didn't get in to work until noonish. IM Flash Technologies was hosting a free lunch for all the contractors working in the facility. Goodwood catering provided the food, which was superb. A nice meal to make me feel better after getting the bad news.

I have to stay off soda and caffeine and crap like that or it won't ever heal. My mom thinks it's going to be hard and I'll have headaches all the time for the next few weeks and stuff. So far I've been going 3 or 4 days and I've been fine. The hardest part is finding someting else to drink when I'm thirsty. There's nothing at my house except sprite and water, which sucks. I haven't had a problem really. I drink all kinds of juices and water and stuff and there's really no problem. This should be easier than my mom says, but we'll see.

After lunch I worked with Brad and Derek, pushing the scaffold around, and wiz nutting. At lunch is when I popped the question, cause I was thinking about a cool-sounding RPG online game I discovered the other night, called Pirates of the Burning Sea. So I asked Brad what he thought about Ninjas vs. Pirates, since that's a funny debate going on with everyone. I didn't ever actually get to explain why I asked the question until a few hours later.

Skye probably worked in the pass-thru all day, but I never asked really what he did. I can usually assume he'll just work in the pass-thru. That's kinda his place.

It was Griffin's last day and it being so, he never showed up. Makes sense, I mean, Quinn didn't show up on his last day. I kinda don't want to either, but Brad and I will probably go, since we don't want to let Lawrence down like that. I kinda wish Griffin would have come though. Oh well.

So that was basically what we did and there's not much more to say, since I was only there half the day.

I just have two words though....Kiera Knightley


Quote of the Day:

Brad: "Lawrence, Ninjas or Pirates?"
Lawrence: "Pirates. They have guns and can be far away and kill the Ninjas."
Brad: "Why? Ninjas are so much faster than Pirates. What if one comes up behind the Pirate and cuts his throat?"
Lawrence: "Pirates come back to life all the time. There's probably tons of dead Pirates all over the place."

No comments: