Saturday, August 05, 2006

Day 31: The Last Day!

Today was our last day at Brycon. Brad and I were ecstatic about it. In fact, the only thing better than it being our last day was that Skye told us we could leave whenever we wanted. Brad was like "WHAT?! YES!" and I was too.

We woke up extra early to go to Betos and have a last day fling. Each of us bought 2 breakfast burritos for ourselves, and then we bought one for Alfredo too, cause we promised we would. I woke up at 4am randomely, and since I knew if I went back to sleep at all I would be dead tired, I stayed awake and got ready to go. Brad and I drove down to Betos and after eating one burrito, I wasn't even full. That was the first time ever, and it was weird.

I found out today, while I was walking in to work with Ron, that he knows a guy in my ward, named Howard Reiner. It was pretty crazy, cause apparently he's Ron's best friend, and they used to go and do public speaking and stuff. I thought it was pretty cool.

We decided to leave at 2pm today, after working for 8 hours. We figured since it was overtime, that was fine. We told Lawrence and he was like whatever. During the Pre-Task Plan they were having such a bad conversation, that Brad and I went to get earplugs. We needed them anyway, cause we punched holes in the ceiling all day. Daniel was working with us too.

There were no more offset blocks for the ceiling, and all the grid layouts were crooked and needed to be offset. That's not an unusual thing, since the I-beams aren't always exactly in the right place, but since there were no more offset blocks, we could only punch the holes. We usually install the blocks too, but we couldn't.

After lunch, Lawrence told us he wanted us to put the centered blocks on, even though they would be an entire inch off and really screw stuff up. There was nothing we could do, so we basically stuck them on, but left them loose, so they could change them up once they got the new offset blocks in.

Skye was supposed to show up to work today, but never did. We thought that he had just decided not to go, but apparently he woke up with a sore throat and was pretty sick. He decided it wasn't worth it, so he stayed home.

Brad and I sang his new Italian Hot Babe song, and we started to write verses and decided that we would combine a bunch of different styles and basically cover everything from choral sections to a rap section in our song. Probably some guitar-wailing too. It will be a dominant song, and we're gonna record it at our apartment soon. It was pretty funny and kept us entertained pretty much all day.

Basically our last day at work was a lot of fun. We left at 2pm, after saying our goodbyes to Lawrence, Luis, Alfredo, Arturo, Felipe and Daniel. They're all great guys, and Brad and I were really glad we met them and got to work with them for at least this little while.


Quote of the Day:


"Crap, I forgot to wear my pants today!!"
-Brad


Ron's Trash Talk of the Day:

"People will be like, 'Do you know Brad Findeis?' and I'll be like 'Oh yeah, I play ball with him...just laid him up last week.'"
-Ron

No comments: