Friday, August 04, 2006

Day 30: "I Want An Italian Hot Babe!"

I want an Italian hot babe,
I don't want an Italian not babe,
I want an Italian hot babe,
and I want one now!
-Brad

Brad made up a song about Skye's incredibly, insanely, good-looking Italian step-cousin today. He sang it a lot during lunch and when we were walking out after work. Gina happened to be in front of us, and after he finished she turned around and was like "...okay......" It was pretty funny.

Today went by extremely quickly, I thought. I worked with Jaime, wiz nutting and caulking all day. We worked on the newer section of grids that we'd hung yesterday. That took us until just after lunch. It took us a lot longer than Lawrence really wanted, but there wasn't much we could do. It's pretty tedious work. For the first shift, before the 9am break, Jaime basically pushed me around and I wiz nutted all alone. It kinda bugged me, but I didn't say anything. By the time I got back into the FAB after the break, Jaime was up on the scaffold, wiz nutting. I joined him and we switched jobs from the way we started out in the morning. I was putting the bolts in and then he'd put the nuts on, while I tightened them and he took off down the ladder and then pushed me along when I was ready. Well, that didn't last long, since after about 4 times, he just stayed down there. This time I did the nuts and took off down the ladder to push the scaffold. That was nice cause I knew I was actually going to go back up and help. I did get really tired after doing it well over 50 times throughout the day though.

After we got the first section wiz nutted, we had to caulk. Since I know how to caulk better than Jaime, I was the one to stayed on top and did it. That took much longer than it usually does, because the wires that run through the grid and out the ends, usually slow us down but we can just get through them by pushing a little harder with the caulking gun. Now they're all connected in the clamps by Wasatch Electric. So now every time I got to the wires, I had to pull them down out of the cracks and caulk up to them and then start on the other side caulking again. It slowed me down an incredible amount for such a simple difference. By the end of it, I got better and faster at caulking around them, but it still took a good extra 30 to 60 minutes.

After lunch, Jaime and I finished with the first section that Lawrence asked us to do, and moved over to the new grids that he was hanging today. They're much shorter and took a lot less time to wiz nut. We finished about 14 of them in a few hours. We finished just in time for clean up, so we never got to caulk them. I expect that Lawrence will have us do that tomorrow.

Tomorrow's going to be my first Saturday working, and my first 6-day week. Today was my first 5th day in a work week at Brycon. There have been so many holidays or sick days or vacation days that I usually take a day off during the week and I never wanted to go in on Saturday. I am going tomorrow, so I can finish strong and get a huge paycheck for my last time. Tomorrow's our last day--mine and Brad's. Skye's staying until next Friday...poor soul. I hope he has fun, cause I can't stand to work there anymore. I'm glad I'm quitting. It's fun, but it's too early every day. It's killing me.

Anyway, I'm totally excited for tomorrow to be our last day, and I'm totally excited for Betos. Brad and I are going to Betos early tomorrow, before work, and getting breakfast burritos. We're getting one for Alfredo too. He's excited, I think. At first he said no, but then Brad showed him how big they were and he was like "Holy s***!" So he decided he wanted one instead.

Here's to our last day!


Quote of the Day:

Brad: "Lawrence I gotta go to the Dentist's today at 1:30."
Lawrence: "The Dentist's?!"
Brad: "It's just a two-week check up, so it'll be in and out....VRUMP VRUMP (making hand actions)
Lawrence: "VRUMP VRUMP?"

(Everyone laughs at Brad's dumb noise)

Alfredo: "VRUMP VRUMP!"
Arturo: "VRUMP VRUMP!"
Luis: "VRUMP VRUMP!"

Lawrence: "What's VRUMP VRUMP?"
Alfredo: "You're speaking to Magneto..."


Thomas' Trash Talk of the Day:

"I need to lose 15 or 20 pounds and then I'd be amazing. I'd be like MJ, stretching out like this. (Acts like he's dunking the ball) And then I'll reach down and hold Brad's face down and then smack it a little bit, and then dunk it!"
-Thomas

No comments: