Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Day 27: Hooray Thomas!

Thomas was at work today...randomely. We walked in and I saw him over standing by Ron. I looked at Skye, who also saw him and we both were like "Thomas is back!" It was pretty cool to see him. I guess he went back to Arizona to work for a butcher or something, but Geneva said that it wasn't what he had expected or something, and even they were surprised to see him back.

We gowned up for the morning "Stretch & Flex" because that's where we meet in the mornings now, and as soon as we were done, we all headed back outside for the weekly Safety meeting. Steve changed ours to Tuesdays so it wasn't so crowded for us. We got there about 6:15 and sat around until 7am. It was nice, and Brad, Skye and I just sat there and talked. The Safety meeting wasn't long enough, despite the forty-five minute break beforehand.

This morning I was in charge of filling out the Pre-Task Plan, cause Alfredo wanted me to do it. That kinda sucked and my hand was hurting halfway through it. I worked doing the same stuff as I was yesterday, handing the punch to Alfredo and Felipe. Fernando was infinitely better today, as he asked me to sit down every time he moved the scaffold, and was much more responsive. I think he was just zoned out yesterday. Good thing he was more awake today.

Brad worked with Derek and Jeff today, while Daniel was translating for a new worker who only spoke spanish. He didn't show up until right before lunch started. Without him, they wiz nutted another part of the grid. Later on, he tried to catch up on the caulking, cause the plan was to convert a large portion of the clean room to Level 4 tomorrow. He didn't get done, so we'll see what happens tomorrow.

For a short time, Fernando and I were in one of the pass-thru's cleaning some square washers, and talking with Alex. Fernando was asking her about her family back home in Arizona, and he wondered the cost of living in Tucson, cause he's looking into moving there soon.

Work was pretty quick today, with the Safety meeting and everything starting a few hours later. We got a lot of holes drilled and more areas of grid reinforced in the blocks. Alfredo's measuring tape broke today, and I'm not sure who did it, but they blamed Geneva for it. I heard Luis' name though. Alfredo started to swear and wanted to kill Luis, from what I heard. It was pretty funny to watch. Then some other guy stepped on Lawrence's lucky measuring tape. He was pretty ticked off about that.

We played basketball with Ron and Thomas today. It was so fast-paced and we had 13 people. It was a lot of fun. I'm just glad that Thomas is back. He dominated....


Quote of the Day:

Gina: "I take a shower in the morning to wake myself up. That's how I get awake."
Brad: "By the time I wake up, there's no time, and while I'm brushing my teeth, I splash some water on my pits."
Calvin: "Well, on my way to work, I pull out my baby wipes and just clean myself while I drive!"

No comments: