Thursday, June 29, 2006

Day 5: Where Is My Dang Orange Sticker?

I honestly feel like a train hit me...in the foot. There's something wrong with my feet, and standing on them for 10 hours straight everyday couldn't be the best way to treat them. Speaking of treating them, my foot doctor, Mark Rogers, is the best. He's giving me an anti-imflammatory which, should help to kill the pain.

Today we began the day by standing around after the "Stretch & Flex" and waiting for one of the supervisors to make us work. Brad and I got left out, cause Jayson took all he needed, and Alex only took the ones who had the orange stickers and were thereby "qualified" to work in the clean room. Brad and I took the class and are actually certified, but since we don't have the orange sticker on our badges, we're not allowed in, according to IMFT. So we spent the whole day standing outside the clean room wiping down object after object. Then we'd move to the other side of the room and wipe down some other stuff. Everything we wipe down is then allowed to enter the clean room environment. We wiped down, among many other things: pedestals, steel grate floor tiles, large fan-holding metal wall thingies, buckets of bolts, screws and nuts, and Gypsie Runabout (lift machines). There were more, oh yes...many more things.

The times before and in between the two breaks went by relatively quickly, with some drudgery and monotony. But after lunch it seemed as though it would never end. I was so dang tired. Then, while we were wiping down a Gypsie, "Supernintendo" Steve (the Supterintendant) came over and only had 2 orange stickers with him. We hadn't received them yet, cause the lady yesterday sucked and forgot them. There were three of us there who didn't have stickers: Brad, Renae, and me. It was just my luck that when I turned my back they got the only two, and I'm still here, sitting before you, without a sticker. Steve said he would get me one, but yeah....like that was gonna happen.

Basically I'm dead on my feet, or was by the end of the day. We spent so much time standing, since were not allowed to sit. Brad, on our 50th trip back from the garbage at like 4:15 said, "Funny how you can tell it's the end of the day by the fact that NOBODY is talking cause they're so tired." I laughed....in my head.

I just can't wait for tomorrow. That was kinda true, cause Griffin joins the ranks, making our little crew, six men strong. That was kinda not true though....since I can barely stand. Well, hopefully tomorrow ends up being fun and less tiring. Maybe I'll even get my freaking orange sticker so I can see what the clean room really looks like.


Quote of the Day:

"Woah, that was the weirdest feeling of my life. My left cheek (butt cheek) was, like, vibrating. There must be something going on underneath the floor, making it shake."
-Brad

No comments: